Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Xin Nian Kuai Le

Happy Chinese New Year











It was Chinese New Years Eve last night. It was absolutely crazy. There were so so so many fireworks. Fire works go off here all the time but the last few days have just been insane. It was fun last night for awhile (LOL) but it seriously got a little over board. It went on until about two o clock in the morning, well it went on all night but it was finally quiet enough for me to fall asleep around two. Then it started up again about seven this morning. David isn't sure if it is the same here, but in Taiwan they light fireworks in the day in front of their stores or new homes to scare away evil spirits so they can have good luck in the following year. Lucee was a little angel and miraculously slept through the really late and really early ones. People were lighting fireworks all around us on thier balconies above us and below us, and in the parking lot below us. It really is quite a sight to see millions going off at the same time.
David's boss Wilf offered to watch Lucee So David and I could expierence the New Year. We went on a walk and I enjoyed taking pictures in my bulb mode. Everything was closed. But it was nice to get out.
I really hope the fireworks die down now so we can get some sleep. I kept thinking the whole state of Utah would be a forest fire by now if there were that many fireworks.

2 comments:

Matt and Marci said...

Oooo sounds romantic to be able to walk around the street with tons of fireworks going off!

The Bryger Family said...

Wow, that sounds pretty crazy! And those were some pretty huge firecrackers!!! I am glad you and david got out to enjoy it, I hope you guys are making some wonderful memories. I miss you guys!

loves
your sis
kasey