I was on my way home from Rigby Idaho from a fabulous girls outing. the weather was rainy but not bad. When we got to the Malad Summit the altitude gets higher and so the rain had turned to snow. My Mom was driving in front of me, I was following her lights. The car in front of her had hit some ice and spun out I didn't see it happen but my mom did. She was watching me out her rear view mirror. I hit the same ice patch as the car in front of my mom had. I started spinning out. (My poor mom watching the whole thing out her rear view mirror) I was twirling and twirling then in slow motion I see this other car and a mans horrified expression. then I turned again and hit his car. My head hit the back of my seat really hard. I finally came to a stop. I got out of my car. I felt fine except for my head felt sore. I ran over to the other car to see if they were okay. The guy told me he thought his leg was broken. He was getting out of the car to see if everything was okay when he saw me hurdling toward him he tried to get back into the car. one leg was out of the car when my car hit them and it pushed his leg deep into the snow and kind of under his car. His wife was ok. People stopped and used my ice scraper to dig out his leg.
The ambulance came I told them I was fine but that my head hurt a little bit. Suddenly there was an EMT holding my head still and telling me not to move. They put a neck brace on me & strapped me to a board. I was laying on the ground on the high way snow was falling on my face. I was freezing my clothes were soaked. My mom knew I was ok so she started taking pictures :)
This is our poor little Saturn. We just bought it last year. The two main things I was worried about was the poor mans broken leg and David being upset about our car. (haha) we just paid $400.00 bucks to get some things fixed on it two days before I totally ruined it.







14 comments:
I'm so glad you're ok! What a terrible experience.
Gosh! I totally know what it is like to be on one of those boards! Yuck! I am glad you are okay! I don't like ice!
Scary!!! I am so glad you are okay!
Amy Lee!!! No more driving for you in the snow! :) Just kidding I am way glad you are ok. We are always the last to know, David just told us this morning. I am SOOOO... glad you are ok and that the other couple is ok too. Love ya tons!!
Kasey
Wow Amy how scary!!! I totalled our car last year two days before Christmas and funny thing I was worried about Kody being mad haha!!! I am really glad you are okay. You are such a doll!!! Good luck with the whole car thing, and I know whiplash isnt terrible but can give you a long time worth of head and neck aches. So just take it easy!!!! :)
Holy crap Amy! I'm glad you're ok! Wrecks freakin suck. I just got in one like a month ago, it's so scary cuz there's nothing you can do except wait until it's over and see what happens. You're a lucky girl!
I am so glad that you are ok. I hate bad weather. I am always so worried.
Well I'm glad that you are okay, I hope you aren't to sore. Love ya
I am glad that you are ok! That is so scary!
Oh my heck, Amy! Stop that!! You poor girl. I feel so bad for you. When I got in my really bad wreck that totaled the car, I was only worried about Dave being upset about our car. Funny how dumb things come up!
amy i am so glad you're okay!!!
that must have been so scary!!!
Oh goodness! I saw the picture first before reading anything, and it about scared the you-know-what out of me! Glad you're alright girl!
How Scary! I am so glad you are ok also. You be more careful on those roads!
I totally missed this post - I am so sorry! Obviously things are doing all better now? I hate winter driving.
Post a Comment