Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Button Butterfly

One of the things I was most sad about leaving In Utah was Lucee's adorable nursery. My RS President had this adorable button butterfly in her daughters room, I was like did you buy that here in China? she told me that she made it, and offered to take me shopping to make one of my own. She took me to a textile market. It was awesome you wouldn't believe how much fabric was there. It is no Joann's I'm telling you. You could get lost there. We picked out some fun buttons and sequins.

Here is the finished butterfly. We also found some magnetic butterflies that I stuck to the metal on her lights in her room. That was at a different market though.



Aren't these little shoes adorable. We got these in Taiwan. It is fun to have some fun things to look at in her room. Our apartment is so bland. Thanks Sarah! You are the best!!!

2 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

Love the butterfly picture, it is nice to get a touch of something in there I am sure, your nursery was so super cute! I know it was hard to leave! Can you believe you have been gone for 2 months already! Time flies, and I can't wait to see you in June. Love those little shoes too!!!! Can't wait to see Lucee all dressed up in a Chinese outfit.

lvoes!
your sis
kasey

Matt and Marci said...

I love butterflies! Those look so cute and you are so crafty!