Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our Trip To Taiwan

Jay and Vanessa took us to Chili's YUM! Our waitress gave Lucee and Andrea a balloon. Jay is a friend of David's from his mission and one of his heros. Jay put our names one the temple roll every every week for three years for us to get Lucee. Jay tormenting Lucee with her binkie.
Do you remember this family?
We were able to see them again, David met them on his mission and baptized her and her son.


This is the cutest little boy. I saw him at church and he just fell in love with me. (haha) He was hugging me and playing with my camera.


Do you remember this little sweetie?
She is all grown up now 4 and a half. This is Jay and Vanessa's daughter Andrea.



Jay and Vanessa are building a new home in Yi Lan. They took us there to show us thier new place. It is beautiful there they are surrounded by rice fields, which I love. Can you believe they plant this all by hand? No tractors.


They have a great view of a Taiwanese temple.



After we saw thier home we went to a park. I love this tree. I think the root system is awesome, above ground instead of under.






This is Johnson. David met him at USU. He and his sister Julie were in several of David's classes. After they graduated they returned home to Taiwan. It was really fun to be able to see him again. He has an awesome sense of humor, and always makes us laugh. We had a great time. It was really great to be able to see so many friends.

3 comments:

Jaci said...

you are darling Amy! You look so happy in these photos! I hope you are loving your temporary home and the vacations that come along with it. Love you!! Thank you for all your sweet comments on FB and my Blog. I am terrible at blog-checking. Whip me into shape! :)

Lindsay said...

That i so amazing for David to be able to see the family that he baptized so many years ago- wow! I love the picture of David kissing Lucee and Lucee is laughing! Darling! And Amy you look so good!!!

The Bryger Family said...

So fun, I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Tiawan and got to go to Chili's & Costco! That is awesome!!!!

The pics of David and Lucee on the bridge are priceless.

Miss you guys mucho!

loves,
your sis
kasey