Monday, March 21, 2011

Lucee's 4 month appointment

At four months Lucee Mae is
7.4 Kilos
42 cm Head Circumference
and 58 cm long
Maybe Dad Merrell can figure out the percentages for us. :) Sadly they don't do that in China.

Lucee's appointment was a little traumatic for me. Two weeks ago we went to the Dr. for her ear infection while there we scheduled the Vaccination appointment and talked about it. We discussed that the vaccines were imported from Hong Kong and that it would be two shots that covered all the four month vaccines just like in the states. When I got there for the appoiontment it was a different Dr. he was acting like he had no idea why I was there. I showed him Lucee's vaccination card and explained to him what she needed. He was like oh ok everything was fine. I had to ask him to please weigh her and do her measurements. Then we went to another room for the nurse to do the shots. She only brought one out. I was like that isn't right what is going on. Her english wasn't as good as the Dr. and she was getting upset with me. I wasn't about to let her stick her with out me knowing what was going on. She went and got the Dr. and he came in to try and explain things. She was like yelling in Chinese and I was asking the Dr. if she was mad at me. I was so upset because I feel like If I was a nurse in America and someone came in that didn't know the language I would be really patient and compassionate. That was not her case, she was just mad at me because she was in a hurry. So then the Dr. was like ok it is just one shot and then you have to take roto virus orally. So we got the shot and didn't do the roto virus. Our Dr. in the states said it was ok if they didn't do all of them here in China. So I feel good about it. In the states they have these little warming pads they warm up the muscle before they stick you and they are really fast. Here they did the good old fashion shot. It took a long time and was pretty painful. Lucee only cried for a minute. She is such a trooper. I think it was more horrible for me than her.

1 comment:

The Bryger Family said...

shots are a horrible experience anyway, but to have an experience like you had makes it 10x worst! I hope she gets to get all her other shots in the states.

love you!
your sis
kasey