Monday, November 7, 2011

Beijing

I just wanted to share a few of my favorite things from our trip to Beijing. To see more pictures look on my FB.
The Great Wall was amazing. We took a gondola up to the wall, I thought that by taking that we would avoid most of the steep climbing but boy was I wrong. We walked on a little trail to the the wall and when I turned right to get on the stairs I couldn't believe my eyes. It was SO steep. It was just overwhelming seeing it and imagining that people made it. The wall is huge and just goes on forever as far as your eyes can see. You just have no idea until you actually see it and pictures do not do it justice.
Another favorite part of the trip for me was the acrobat show. It was so fun and scary it took my breath away several times. This picture is from my favorite act. He started with one Chair and built up to 8 he was so high in the air and doing amazing things. I don't know if the chairs hooked together but I swear I could see them swaying. SO cool!
This is the famous snack street, called wang fu jin jie. It stretches a whole block and is just a whole street of food vendors.
I tried some chowmein and dumplings.
I would never in a million years try these things, but had to of course get a picture. Seriously octopus and cicadas!?! We had heard that there was sea horses there but we never did see any. David wanted to try one. I told him I wouldn't kiss him if he did. (haha) My other favorite part was the huge market. It was so fun shopping for all the fun knock off stuff and I get kind of a thrill bartering for a good price. All in all it was a good and fun little trip. I am glad we got to go. A once in a life time opportunity. It's so fun to be able to say that I have seen the Great Wall of China.

2 comments:

BRYGER said...

I LOVE all these pictures! They are so artistic! I am glad you guys got to go see the great wall! What a fun memory!

loves
kasey

Amy said...

That is AWE-SOME!!!!!!!!!!!! The bugs--I think they were bugs--really creeped me out! I'm so excited to see you guys soon. Will you tell me on Facebook when you get back???