Friday, November 18, 2011

Last Visa Trip to Taiwan

Jay picked us up from the Airport in Taoyuan Late on Sunday night and took us to their new home in Yilan. They have a beautiful new home on the country side. Yilan is a beautiful place with lots of rice farms and gardens.
On Monday David, Lucee and I went on walk around the area that Jay and Vanessa live. We saw this awesome Taoist temple. The characters represent different God's. I love seeing architecture like this, I feel like it just holds so much culture.




It was rainy the whole time we were there, and it was very humid. We stayed in Jay's daughters room and there was a DE humidifier in there. It was crazy to wake up and see how much water was in the container that had been pulled out of the air.
Beautiful Garden, I was actually trying to take a picture of the bird, can you spot him? I was running all over the place trying to catch good pictures of birds but they kept flying away from me.

Love this guy holding a mop and toilet paper in his basket :) I love his Taiwanese hat too.
One of our VERY favorite places in Taiwan. Who can resist the tasty snacks at 7 Eleven!?! LOVE It. I love the chocolate grape gummys. One of David's favorites is the papaya milk, AND there is literally one on every corner.
Jay took us to a museum on Tuesday and took the day off. The museum was all about the history of Yilan. The building was cool it was shaped like half of it had fallen into the ground. How cute are these little students on a field trip? I love their little rain ponchos. Jay and Vanessa let Andrea stay home from school to play with us. Her teacher called in the morning to see where she was and Andrea answered the phone she said "This is she and I am taking the day off" It was SO cute. She said it with such enthusiasm.

Thanks Jay & Vanessa. We had a great time. We will miss you. It is always hard saying goodbye, when we were saying goodbye at the bus station Vanessa kissed me on the cheek, it made me a little teary eyed. We hope to see them next time in Utah :D We never thought we would be able to go back to Taiwan after our year there in 05-06 teaching English. We have been lucky enough to visit three times this year. We LOVE Taiwan.

OHH P.S. Thanks to my super genius friends on FB that helped me recover these lost photos. What great memories. I am so glad to have them back. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

The Bryger Family said...

SUPER AMAZING PICTURES! Love them all, the angle, the color, the subjects. I am glad you got all your pictures back!

loves
kasey

Chelsea Belle said...

Seriously LOVED these pictures!!!!! Scrolled through them again and again,thinking how beautifully you captured all the colors and just the setting. Felt like I was there! (Made me feel like I was getting lazy at my photo taking skills...oh well I'll just be happy for YORU fabulousness instead!)