The soft golden light of the Christmas tree lights gleaming under my bedroom door, and the sound of Amy Grants voice singing Breath of Heaven coming out of my little CD player, and the faint smell of an apple spice candle that had been burning earlier in the day while our family was bustling around decorating for Christmas. I miss being all bundled up in my childhood comforter and staring at that light under my door.
I miss the glow of the street lights coming in through my window and how the snow would reflect it. I miss the quiet peaceful feeling the snow created as it blanketed the ground. I miss the sound of the heater kicking on and feeling so comfy, safe and happy. I miss the magical feeling snow used to give me. I miss my little room and my little house on 860 South. I hope that I can create the same magical feelings and memories for my daughter that my parents created for me. My greatest memories are more of the feeling of the atmosphere than any present. That's how it should be!




1 comment:
I love this post. I feel the exact same way and have the same feelings and I love the way you worded it.
Post a Comment